Update: Congratulations to the 2012 MASH UP winners! Click to watch the clips on TSB: http://townsquarebuzz.com/ams/48937/buzz-tv-mckinney-music-mash-winners/...
Congratulations to the following solo performers who will compete in the semi-final round on Saturday, Nov 3 at 2:30 p.m. All group performers automatically advanced to the finals at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Semi-Finalist Solo Performers:
1. Matthew Smith
2. Michael Adams
3. America Whitstine
4. Kalyn Gregg
5. Sarah Spurger
6. Tiffany Taylor
7. Arden van Beek
8. Jack Swanson
9. Madi Davis
10. Spencer Vehar
11. Megan Lagemann
12. Josie Ellenburg
13. Hannah Harris
14. Kendall Bowser
15. Taryn Lackey
16. Katie Grossman
17. Tori Vilches
18. Annie Cavalier
19. Jacqui Peck
20 .Vivian Frederick
2012 MASH UP TIMELINE:
Oct 15 at 10a.m.: Video Entry Period Closes (submit your entry video on this website)
Oct 15 - 26: Online Voting Period
Who has the most votes? Up to 20 videos/contestants from each category will advance to the semi-finals round (20 Solo Performances and 20 Group Performances with the most votes).
October 29 : Contestant Notification
Semi-finalists are notified.
November 3: Semi-Final Performance Round & Finals. The top 20 solo performers and top 20 group performers will compete live in MPAC’s Courtroom Theater in the morning and early afternoon. The audience will select the top 10 solo performers and top 10 group performers to advance to the finals at 8 p.m. Tickets are on sale at www.mckinneyperformingartscenter.org. Contestants should plan to attend a mandatory rehearsal on Saturday morning, November 3.
November 29: MASH UP winners open for Steel Magnolia in MPAC's Courtroom Theater at 8 p.m.
In addition to following the Strutta.com "Official Rules" located at the bottom-right of this website, all entrants must agree to the following conditions:
1) Entrants must be at least 11 years of age. Entrants between the ages of 11-17 must obtain parental consent.
2) Video performances cannot exceed 3 minutes in length. (Semi-finalists & finalists will perform full song.)
3) Video performances can be performed a capella, with accompanying pre-recorded music on CD or with a piano or guitar (NOTE: If instruments are part of the performance, the person playing must also provide vocals. Think American Idol).
4) Contestants who advance to the performance rounds MUST sing the same song that was submitted online. Contestants who attempt to sing a different song will be disqualified.
5) Group video performances must consist of at least 2 performers.
6) Group performances can include song and dance numbers or just vocal.
7) Entrants who advance to the preliminary round agree to use MPAC sound system and must perform the same vocal or song and dance number submitted as part of this contest.
8) Lip Synced performances will be disqualified.
9) MPAC must approve the entrant's wardrobe for all public performances.
MORE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS:
In the event that a solo or group preliminary performance is postponed or cancelled, related prizing may be canceled without substitution or compensation. Audition opportunities are non-transferable and cannot be sold or used by any person(s) other than the winner(s).
Entrants will not receive any monetary compensation at any stage of the contest (except prizes awarded by the judges for a single and group finalist).
MPAC and TownSquareBuzz.com reserves the right to photograph, film and record the semi-finals and finals process and concerts for publicity and other purposes, and to use the name and likeness of those who audition.
MPAC and TownSquareBuzz.com reserve the right to modify or clarify the rules and procedures as needed. All dates are subject to change.
The decisions of the McKinney Music Mashup panel of judges shall be final and binding.
MPAC and/or TownSquareBuzz.com reserve the right to disqualify or exclude any individual or group performers from the contest and will use its discretion to approve all videos prior to upload.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless MPAC and TownSquareBuzz.com and their affiliates from any and all liability, claims, actions, damages, expenses, and losses of any kind caused by being part of contest participation.
Contest sponsors are not responsible for prizes that may be lost, delayed, or misdirected or for printing errors on promotional materials.
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||September 4, 2012 @ 12:00 AM (CDT)||October 15, 2012 @ 10:00 AM (CDT)|
|Voting round||October 15, 2012 @ 11:00 AM (CDT)||October 26, 2012 @ 11:59 PM (CDT)|